Akili's Analytic Applications for Oil and Gas:
Gain a Competitive Edge with Insightful Analytics
All FORTUNE 500 oil companies run SAP software, accounting for more than 1.5 million users worldwide.*
Akili’s Oil and Gas dashboards enable:
- Full cross-functional visibility and analysis
- Detection of trends and anomalies
- Thorough identification of root causes
- Assessment of potential impacts
Profitability in gas and oil operations depends on minimizing operating costs, optimizing resources, and seizing market opportunities. Akili’s Oil and Gas dashboards provides a framework for aggregating and analyzing production, maintenance, reserves, and financial data to support holistic performance management across all your energy assets. *Statistic from SAP Upstream Operations Solution Brief 2010.
- The solution leverages analysis across business functions (Operations, Finance, Reserves, etc), supporting decision making by executives at both the macro and micro level.
- You can explore a problem from multiple dimensions to determine which factors have the greatest impact.
- Akili’s Oil and Gas dashboards facilitate the integration, presentation, and analysis of data assembled from various underlying systems. People at various levels across the organization have the detail they need for rapid response to business challenges and deeper contribution to corporate strategy.
- Only when you know what’s happening and what those events mean can you fine-tune operations to maximize asset utilization and seize market opportunities.
- The single complete view of the production operations also helps you improve both short-term and long-term responses to maintenance issues so you can design realistic production plans.
- Integrating the analytical functionality embodied in dashboards with your existing transactional processes further supports cost control by pointing toward the root causes of financial drain. Financial data is now cleanly integrated with your production and maintenance data, and the big picture stays visible across your entire extended enterprise, giving each person actionable, role-appropriate information. Staff members everywhere are empowered to reach the sound decisions that best solve operational issues and support successful corporate strategies for increasing efficiency and lowering costs.
Dashboard Sample Functionality:
Bonus Metrics: How is my overall Performance?
This tab overviews the most critical KPIs driving short term incentive amounts. Tracking these metrics gives increased visibility into measuring progress against goals - whether annual or year-to-date. Specific Target, 80% of Target, 120% of Target and the actual values for each KPI is indicated. You will also see an indicator for the Corporate Goal this KPI ties to such as “High Growth” or “Reduced Costs”. Bonus metrics tab not only gives ability to look at the Annual targets for a 100% achievement but also enables the ability to look at these numbers in a YTD manner. With this functionality, you get visibility into Current View in addition to Annual view.
Volume and Revenue: How is my production?
This tab enables control of production volumes and the revenue generated based on these volumes. Visible trends appear by geography, product type, and currency for the last 3 years. Drill down capability into geography allows for quick trouble spotting.
Capital Spending: How much and on what am I spending?
This tab allows financial clarity through seeing capital expenditure trends by expense type garners tighter control of your spending. Data exposure down to individual business units tracks expenses on a monthly and annual basis. Increased accountability within your organization results.
Expenses per Volume: What are my revenues and costs per production unit?
This tab gives concise trending of major company metrics and allows analysis of revenue as well as expenses per production unit.